I am mystified.


I will not lie and tell you I found a miracle product that cleared my trouble skin.

I grew up with a bangin' complexion, thanks to good genes and tips from my mother; "less is more," "don't touch it" "keep your routine and product selection simple but complete" and the list goes on...

Being told by strangers "you have a beautiful complexion," or one that stuck with me "you have great skin, don't do anything to mess it up" put the pressure on me escalating from the pressure I already put on myself.




Now, going through high school without breakouts was all well and good except for the fact that when I moved to the city for college the stress and extreme environment change from a small rural town to a big polluted city took a major toll one once exquisite glow.






I have sent my skin through stages of too dry too oily and inflamed and itchy from the wrong trial and error products 

I guess i should mention I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin

The experiments with samples or stealing my sisters face washes were lessons learned the hard way.

As a now  twenty something lass, I have learned the balance of hydration and maintaining clearness.

The summer weather makes it extra tricky with the Singapore-like humidity and unbearable heat

Repinned: Let's go to New York City #DestinationSummer #Kohls:


A learning curve on facial upkeep is that we need to adjust our routine the same way we adjust out wardrobe, according to conditions.

What I hate most is wanting hydration but afraid of getting oily when it's hot out 


And as I sit here on this 89 degree May day in NYC it  would normally prompt my facial fears however ....

An absolute God-send, I use is Kiehl's,  

Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng Hydrating Mist




It is formulated with Cactus Flower to keep skin hydrated even under dry conditions ....hello best of both worlds

There is also Tibetan Ginseng  which increases skin-cell respiration, this formula helps skin maintain its essential moisture to keep it soft and smooth.


A huge important key I've found is letting your skin breathe it's just like our hair, we can't keep heavy product on it 24/7 and expect healthy perfection

If the light mist wasn't already enough of a selling point for me, the added ..perk that locked me in was being able to use it after make up is applied 

 Often when I finish my make up especially when my skin is a bit dry I feel I look older, but spritz the most and you're good to glow



Warm sun shining, vitamin D inviting weather pulls me outside for hours at a time. Weather it's shopping flatiron, perusing  the union sq. market, or catching rays and sipping a drink at the frying pan this mist comes in handy for all occasions 







"A potent blend of Lavender, Geranium and Rosemary essential oils detoxify and protect skin from environmental aggressors."

If you're further interested in the ingredients, as I ALWAYS advocate to read the ingredients....

I plucked these from Kiehl's site:



Cactus Flower
This resilient desert flower flourishes in extreme drought conditions and is rich in amino acids, B vitamins and minerals, such as calcium, magnesium and iron. This plant is known to help skin retain moisture while also helping to improve overall texture so skin is softer and smoother.






Tibetan Ginseng


Also known as the “Golden Root”, this plant flourishes at high altitudes (11,000 –18,000 ft.) in areas of Europe and Asia. In vitro test results have shown this powerful plant increases skin cell respiration so cells take in more oxygen resulting in a more youthful, less dull looking appearance.




Geranium, Lavender and Rosemary
A potent blend of essential oils that work together to purify and protect skin.

Can I get an amen?!


Mystifying.

Comments


Popular Posts